The Chapter organises a diverse range of professional learning activities to cater to different learning preference and interest:
• Learning journeys to industries and Institutes of Higher Learning
• Professional conversations with overseas and local educators
• Designed and Interest-based Networked Learning Communities (NLC) e.g. O- and A-level Practical NLC, Visible Thinking Routine NLC, Microscale (Secondary), etc.
• NLC-led workshops e.g. Learning to write Data-based Questions (O-level), Enhancing Students’ Conceptual Understanding of Chemistry through Microscale Experiments Workshop, etc.
• Role-based Learning Sessions for e.g. Professional Learning Sessions for BTs, ST-LT Network Learning, etc.
• Masterclasses by Experts
• Chemistry Learning Day (biennial)
All Chemistry teachers are members of the Chemistry Chapter.
Chemistry teachers are advised to inform their HOD (Science) or their RO of their interest to join any learning activity.
With reference to the table please note that:
1. You may sign up for some of the workshops via OPAL 2.0;
2. To register for all other learning activities, email-invitations are normally sent through the HOD (Science) or School Staff Developer for dissemination;
3. Note that certain events and learning activities are by special invitation only;
4. Please contact Mr Jimmy Kheng should you have any queries regarding the Chemistry Chapter or its activities;
5. If you wish to join an NLC, please write to the MTT advisor. Joining an NLC is not automatic and may be subjected to certain conditions.