The Biology Chapter is a platform to encourage pedagogical innovation and research-informed practice to impact teaching. It works closely with Curriculum Planning and Development Division and other related educational agencies to extend learning in Biology. Through collaboration and networking, it harnesses synergy among teachers in schools, MOE Divisions and professional associations.
The key objective of Biology Chapter is to enhance the capacity and capability of teachers in the learning and teaching of Biology.
The Master Teachers lead in facilitating professional development through courses and networks, such as:
• Differentiated Instruction
• Inquiry-based Learning
• Assessment Literacy
• Concept-based Learning and Assessment
• Performance Based Assessments
• Literacy in Biology
• Learning Journeys
• Professional learning sessions for BTs
• Networked learning sessions e.g. ST-LT network
We organise various professional learning events for you:
• Learning Day
• AST/CPDD Community Day
• Professional conversations with overseas and local educators