Overview of Teacher-led Workshops (TLW)
Teacher-Led Workshops (TLWs) are conducted by teachers for teachers.
Guided by the mission of the Academy of Singapore Teachers (AST) to develop a teacher-led culture of professional excellence, TLW is a platform to provide professional opportunities for our teachers to share their good practices within the fraternity.
Through this platform, teachers will engage in professional exchange of pedagogical content knowledge, leading to enhanced pedagogical practice.
Objectives of Teacher-Led Workshops (TLW)
|Lead and Engage the Teaching Community||Engage in professional sharing and knowledge creation||Grow teachers to champion Teacher Ownership Teacher Leadership (TOTL) in professional learning|
Call for Proposals for 2024 Teacher -Led Workshops (TLW) opens on 8 May 2023 (Mon)
- AST calls for proposals from teachers to conduct TLWs. The proposed TLW should be minimally shared previously at school-based or cluster-based platforms. Facilitators should also obtain approval from their principals before applying.
- TLWs can be conducted individually or in teams of up to three facilitators. Correspondences will be made through the Main Facilitator via emails or calls.
- Facilitators should propose a TLW that is relevant to the teaching level of students that they have applied their pedagogy or approach in their own classroom and school. For example, Junior College/Centralised Institute teachers should not be proposing a workshop meant for Primary school teachers.
- Online Video-conferencing (OVC) would be the preferred mode for TLWs. Subject to approval, facilitator(s) may also propose for their TLWs to be conducted as a face-to-face workshop, to be held at AST or at the facilitators’ school (for location-based TLW). Another possible option would be e-TLW, an asynchronous e-learning package that would be hosted on OPAL2.0.
Please contact the AST TLW team, Ms Andrea Foo (FOO_Shi_Jia@moe.gov.sg) and Mr Benjamin Huang (Benjamin_HUANG@moe.gov.sg) should there be any queries.
Date Activity 8 May 2023(Mon) Call for Proposals 28 July 2023 (Fri) Deadline for application submission Mid Nov 2023 Announcement of successful and unsuccessful applications Mid Feb to Mid Sep 2024 Conduct of TLWs for successful applications
- After the TLWs have been completed, AST will extend e-Certificates of Appreciation and the collated feedback from the participants to the facilitators through their principals.
Documents for TLW Proposal Submission
|1||Facilitators should refer to the 2024 TLW Proposal Submission InfoSheet to guide the process of submitting their application.||2024 TLW Proposal Submission InfoSheet|
|2||The 2024 TLW Facilitation Plan Template is a necessary document during the application process.||2024 TLW Facilitation Plan Template|
Link to submit Proposals
Please click on the link to submit your proposals for 2024 Teacher-led Workshops (TLWs).
Submission of Proposals Link: https://go.gov.sg/2024tlw-application
Details of Teacher-led Workshops (TLW)
Modes of Teacher-led Workshops (TLW)
Teacher-led Workshops (TLW) can be conducted through the following modes of delivery:
Note: Synchronous Learning TLWs are conducted in the afternoons of Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays across the academic year approximately from Term 1 Week 9 to Term 4 Week 1.
TLW Google Site
To find out more details about the TLWs available, you may click this link to assess the TLW Google Site.
We strongly encourage all teachers to promptly sign up for TLWs via OPAL2.0 if you are interested in the TLWs, as the number of places are limited and they are on a first-come-first-served basis!