Providing a Rich Music Learning Experience.
A publication by the Singapore Teachers' Academy for the aRts (STAR)
Please click on the links to view the following videos.
(Some links will only be made 'live' when these can be hosted on OPAL 2.0)
Singapore Curriculum Philosophy
The Orff Approach
3) The Art of Music Teaching: Orff Approach to Music Lessons at Primary Level
The Kodály Approach
4) The Art of Music Teaching: Kodály-based Music Lessons at Primary Level
The Dalcroze Approach
4) The Art of Music Teaching: Dalcroze Approach to Primary Music Teaching
2) Example of a Warm-Up Session in a Music Lesson led by Leong Su Juen, Teacher at Pasir Ris Secondary School
6) Example of adapting Informal Learning for the Upper Primary level by Loi Wei Ling, Teacher at Edgefield Primary School
7) Example of Informal Learning at Lower Secondary level (Students from Hillgrove Secondary School)
8) Example of facilitating problem solving in an Informal Learning context at Lower Secondary level by Adeline Tan, Teacher at Bishan Park Secondary School