Mr Lim Yee Pin
Yee Pin, Master teacher of Chinese Language (CL) is the Dean of Curriculum at the Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL). He was appointed to his present post in 2014. As a Master teacher, he is passionate in promoting the learning of Chinese Language and its culture. As the Dean of Curriculum, he is in-charge of coordinating the Professional Development programme for CL teachers. He also collaborates with University of Hong Kong in providing Master and Education Doctor programmes to our teachers.
Yee Pin graduated from NUS and obtained his Master in Education from Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. Prior to teaching, his experiences were in the Training and Development in corporate sector and has obtained a Specialist Diploma in Personnel Management. Yee Pin served as the Head of Department for Mother Tongue Languages (MTL) and Pastoral Care and Career Guidance (PCCG) while in secondary school. He also served as chairman of MTL and PCCG Cluster Support Groups.
Professional Involvement and Contributions
1. Research Interests
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge
- Classroom Inquiry
Teachers’ Professional Development
2. Conferences & Sharings
- Zhang, L. M., Min, Y., Cui, J. Y., Wong, S. Y., & Lim, Y. P. (2018). Development and Usability Test of a Chinese Essay Guiding System for Lower Secondary Students: A Case Study. Paper presented at the 5th International Conference on Teaching and Learning of Chinese as a Second Language, Singapore.
- Shi, L., Cui, J.Y., & Lim, Y.P. (2018) Automated Essay Evaluation System for Chinese Language. Paper presented at the iCTLT 2018 conference, Singapore.
- Lim, Y.P. (2017). Professional Development for In-service Chinese Language Teachers. Keynote presented at 2nd International Conference on Teaching of Chinese Language Pedagogy and Practice, Selangor Malaysia.
- Tau, J.H., Lim, H.M., Nan, C.H., Tan, G.H, & Lim, Y.P. (2017) Improve N.A. Students’ Oral Skills through Games Strategies. Paper presented at the 8th International Forum on Chinese Language Teaching, Macau, PRC.
- Lim, Y.P., Cheng, K.H., Wong, S.Y., Lim K.H., Tang, S.W., Kwek, S.H., & Chia, S.H. (2015) Empowering Teachers through Lesson Study for Quality Teaching. Paper presented at the WALS Conference, Thailand.
Lim, Y.P., & Li, Y.X. (2013). A Lesson Study on the Teaching and Assessment for Learning for Secondary CL Letter Writing. Paper presented at 3rd International Conference on Teaching and Learning Chinese as a Second Language, Singapore.