Enculturing professional excellence among Malay language teachers to attain the qualities of Arif Budiman.
An excellent teacher training centre for Malay language.
In serving as a focal point for ML teachers to support their in-service training and development, and improve the quality of the teaching and learning of ML in Singapore, MLCS aspire to achieve in the following areas:
- Developing leadership quality among ML teachers;
- Deepening teachers’ understanding of theory and practice;
- Enhancing professional collaboration among teachers;
- Continuous learning and improvement; an
- Appreciating Malay language and culture.
- To conduct in-service training and professional development courses for ML teachers.
- To develop mentoring programmes for potential ML Master Teachers (MTTs) and Senior Teachers (STs).
- To serve as a resource centre and centre for classroom research.
- To harness the capacity of teachers by involving them in the development of the teaching resources. It could partner schools to develop school-based curriculum
- To network with international ML centres.