Objectives of the History Chapter
The History Chapter provides a platform for the History fraternity to network and collaboratively engage in building expertise and resources that would enable teachers to inspire in students a life-long passion for the study of history. We are working closely with the History Unit, CPDD and the National Institute of Education to create different learning experiences for History teachers. These learning experiences connect History teachers through the creation of networked learning communities.
The aims of the History Chapter are to:
- raise the professional standards in the teaching and learning of History
- build a culture of professionalism and pride in the History fraternity
- serve as a focal point for History teachers’ collaboration and networking
We organise various professional learning activities for you:
- Courses and learning programmes
- Learning journeys
- Professional conversations with overseas and local educators
- Networked learning sessions e.g. ST-LT network
- Professional learning sessions for BTs
Our History Master Teachers
Our Subject Chapter Core Team
The Core Committee members of the History Chapter are:
Our Calendar of Events
Log on to this space in January 2020 for updates.
How to join us?
Every History teacher is automatically a member of the History Chapter. You can join us at the next Subject Chapter Meeting where you will get to know more about our Subject Chapter and its relevance to your professional growth.
For information regarding WORKSHOPS, log on to OPAL2.0.
If you would like to find out more about NETWORKED LEARNING COMMUNITIES (NLC), please contact MTT Joseph Tham. The networks that we currently have are:
- Malayan History
- Southeast Asian History
- Teaching History through Games
- Teaching Lower Secondary History
- Reading, Thinking and Writing for Historical Sources: Upper Sec
- Using Mine craft to Create Ancient Singapore
- Concept-based Learning (JC)
Join our "U" in History collaborative work space in OPAL2.0 today!
Should you have any queries regarding the History Chapter and its courses, you may reach: